Why You Should Focus on Health Before Pain Starts

Why You Should Focus on Health Before Pain Starts

At the first sign of pain, many people are quick to rush to the doctor. Pain is the body’s warning sign that something is wrong, and our instinct is to find a way to fix it quickly. But the truth is that pain is often the last symptom of a health problem, and by the time it appears, something else is already causing issues. The best approach is to be proactive about your health, working to prevent problems from occurring rather than treating them after the fact.

This is the approach that Dr. Thomas Madigan and Dr. Brendan Shanahan take at Vitality Precision Chiropractic in Rochester Hills. Their goal is to help each practice member live a healthy life – maintaining that health and not needing to fight to regain it.

Why We Feel Pain

The experience of physical pain can vary widely between people and causes – someone may describe pain as sharp, dull, severe, or mild. Often, the type of pain you feel is your body’s way of telling you what is wrong. This is because pain is a symptom of underlying problems, not a health problem itself. This means that a lack of pain isn’t a good indicator of good health, and it may just mean that the pain has not yet presented itself.

In fact, only about 10% of the central nervous system perceives pain, while the other 90% is dedicated to ensuring the body functions properly. Keeping the body functioning is the best way of preventing pain in the first place. Once the pain begins, there is little that can be done to stop it without treating the underlying breakdown of the central nervous system and the various bodily systems that are experiencing dysfunction.

Chiropractic Care for Holistic Health

The best way to take a proactive approach to health care is to focus on keeping the central nervous system functioning properly. When this happens, the body can effectively communicate within itself, and there is less of a chance of pain and related health conditions arising down the line.

Care from a Rochester Hills chiropractor is a safe, effective, and natural solution. By focusing on alignment of the spine, chiropractic adjustments lead to improvements in the central nervous system’s function. This holistic approach allows the entire body to work together to maintain its health.

By taking a proactive approach, you are able to prevent health conditions from occurring or manage them at their outset without risking them hitting the point of pain and other symptoms. Just like you wouldn’t wait until your house is on fire to install a smoke detector, don’t wait until you are in pain to take care of yourself.

Contact Vitality Precision Chiropractic today to set up your first appointment and begin a road to holistic health.